Welcome to season 2024!
Registration will open on 05 January via Play Football.
We can’t wait to get all of our young (and not so young) Tigers back on the pitch!
Some important stuff:
- Register before 31 January to save $50 (early-bird fee)
- Registrations are subject to team vacancy - we do close age groups once we reach capacity, so please register early to avoid disappointment!
- Please check that all of your contact details in Play Football are up-to-date
- Please register in the age group you would like to play - kids can choose to play up an age group if they like and will have the option of two age groups when they register.
- New ID photos are required for ALL players in the following age groups, as well as any new players U10/W10 and older:
- For individuals that require a photo as part of their registration, please ensure the following:
- Photo is a passport style “selfie” of head and shoulders.
- Head faces camera directly with full face in view.
- No hats, headwear or glasses are to be worn in the photo.
- Photo was taken within the last 12 months.
- Photo is clear and legible with appropriate lighting.
- Photo file is under 1MB in size and is File type of .PNG or .JPG
- Please note: GRFC will pass on the $25 SSFA fee for any ID cards that need to be reprinted due to photo issues.
- By registering with Georges River FC you agree to fulfill ground control duties (canteen and/or ground control) on at least (but not limited to) two occasions during the season for every team you are involved with.
- All players new to Shire Football will need to show proof of age and address. Please check the requirements here.
- No payment plans will be offered in 2024.
2023 and 2024 Active Kids Vouchers:
If you register before 31 January you can use any 2023 Active Kids vouchers to reduce your eligible child's registration fee by $50. Alternatively you can wait unti 01 Feb to apply new vouchers for any children attending school, or turning 18 in 2024 and attending TAFE or uni. Apply for your voucher(s) here and enter your unique code as part of the registration process.
Please note: You can only use one voucher per registration.
Registration fees (if register before 31 January):
- 6 - 7: $170
- 8 - 9: $175
- 10: $180
- 11: $185
- 12: $205
- 13-14: $210
- 15-16: $220
- 18: $230
- 21s: $345
- Seniors (AL, SW, W30, O35, W40, O45): $365
If you have three or more immediate family members playing for River this season you're eligible for a $65 discount on the registration of the 3rd, 4th etc player from your immediate family. Please note: This excludes Tiger Cubs.
You will be able to select "Family Discount" to take $65 off the total rego price for eligible family members when registering online.
Please note: Tiger Cubs do not count toward your family's tally.
Traditional Clubhouse Registration:
There will be one face-to-face registration opportunity at the Clubhouse, Oyster Bay Oval, on Tuesday 30 January from 5-7 pm.
We will have a special orientation session for our U6s to show proof of age and address documents, buy uniforms and form teams on Sunday 18 February from 9 - 11 am.
Proof of Age & Address - Players new to the SSFA:
Any player new to SSFA clubs must provide both proof of date of birth and proof of Sutherland Shire residency.
As per Sutherland Shire Football Association rules of registration, one of the following must be supplied as proof of age:
- Drivers licence
- Birth certificate
It is an Association requirement that all new players must reside in the Sutherland Shire and need to show proof of residence if registering for the first time. Proof documents include:
- Current driver’s licence with address unaltered (SSFA won't accept stickers on the back of licence)
- Recent document from a financial institution or government agency (e.g.: bank, council rates)
NB: Any phone or utility bills will not be accepted
If a child lives outside of the Shire, but attends a Sutherland Shire school, a letter from the school confirming 2024 attendance or a 2024 student ID card must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for forwarding to the SSFA.
If you have any questions or concerns please email Melissa via email@example.com